Wednesday, September 28, 2005

One question to God

I was surfing, reading, time consuming, thinking -and reading more- on the net. I come across this question somewhere on one site. Not that I believe in a God or anything, but I've found some funny answers:

"If you could ask one question to God, what would you ask?"

Probably the most reasonable one would be:

- Why?

(And the most probably he would say "Because I can!").

But there are better ones:

A bit clever person:
- Which question do you want from me to ask?
A clever person:
- What is the answer of the question that you want from me to ask?
A more clever person:
-If you could give one answer, what would it be?
A really, really clever person (most probably a woman!):
- What do you think?
An enlightend person, who knows it all:
- Never mind these mind games, tell me actually what do YOU want to ask to ME?

...

I think I would ask:
- What is really Nothing?

<< last ________ next >>

4 Noises:

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lds.org

 
At Monday, October 03, 2005 6:10:00 PM, Blogger . nothing . said...

lds.org, yeah right!. You can read my response to this "anonymous" user's comment on my post here: http://nothingmakesnoise.blogspot.com/2005/10/non-existence-of-god-part-1.html

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005 12:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would ask God a question. How can God be understood in rational thought when everything seems so irrational. Instead of "thinking" about God, I would try to "feel" God instead....but this then raises another question...what is your concept of God? Depending on that, would depend on whether or not you would have a question to formulate. Your question seems to presume that God is like a human and thinks and can answer just like us. Perhaps God is quite a different thing altogether, in which case, even thinking of asking "God" a question in the first place would seem quite ludicrious.

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005 2:38:00 PM, Blogger . nothing . said...

>> "I don't think I would ask God a question"

- Maybe, but probably you've already asked that question when you started to believe in God (or something else), which the answer was -whatever it is- your belief (and of course what you believe depends on... your belief!)

>> "Instead of "thinking" about God, I would try to "feel" God instead"

- You may try if you wish, but how far can you trust your feelings and senses?

>> "but this then raises another question... what is your concept of God?"

- Again; "What you believe depends on... your belief!". Personally, there are many things I wrote in this blog, here and there. Put the pieces together if you want to know.

>> "Your question seems to presume that God is like a human and thinks and can answer just like us"

- As humans we always try to "humanize" things and objects to give an identity. We do that also with the concept of God, which, according to me, is wrong. But because God is not an human doesn't mean that I shouldn't think about asking questions. At the end "I" am an human and questioning your existence -or asking questions- is an human thing and also the most important part of evolving and development.

>> "even thinking of asking "God" a question in the first place would seem quite ludicrious"

- Is "thinking" ludicrous? No. So, why should it be ludicrous thinking of asking a question to God? It's good for your brain, at least you think! Whether there is any answer or the knowledge of whether or not God exists is unattainable is not important for me, as long as you THINK.

>> "Perhaps God is quite a different thing altogether"

- Oh, really???? Hmm, perhaps God's existence is quite ludicrous too, what do you think? :-)

>> "How can God be understood in rational thought when everything seems so irrational"

- Maybe you should break the rational thought first, then see what happens ;-)

>> "Your question seems ..."

- Did you read my question "right"? Maybe answers are hidden in the... Oh, nevermind. But don't worry because: "The answers are already there"

PS: This post was meant for fun by the way. You should never take these words so seriously. Maybe God has a sense of humor, who knows :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home