Saturday, February 11, 2006

Existential Is Me

TAG:


You scored as Existentialism. Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.

"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. It is up to you to give [life] a meaning."
--Jean-Paul Sartre

"It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth."
--Blaise Pascal


More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...

Existentialism

95%

Utilitarianism

75%

Justice (Fairness)

70%

Hedonism

45%

Kantianism

45%

Strong Egoism

40%

Nihilism

15%

Apathy

10%

Divine Command

0%

What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
created with QuizFarm.com


Well, I think it's quite brave to put thousands years of human reason and philosophical knowledge into the 36 questions to decide what your philosophical belief is. I was expecting at least 100 questions. Come on guys, have some more respect for philosophers. From Socrates to Foucoult, every philosopher would be quite happy with this quiz I guess!!!.. ( I think I should score as Skeptical!) Actually I am quite curious what Plato or Nietzsche would score if they did this :-)

Said that; I am quite happy with my 95 % Existentialism actually. Also Utilitarianism and Justice do well. However, as my star sign being a Leo, my Strong Egoism suffers from poorly 40 %, that's a contradiction! But it's remarkable that I've scored 0 % with Divine Command. Well, I was never attend to become God's disciple anyway (sorry Big Guy!) I've tried couple of times the quiz again. Some scores changed a bit but always my Existentialist part was quite a winner to Divine Command which steadily stayed at 0 %! I guess I should read some Holy Books more often but I am afraid that Divine Command will sink to negative side afterwards! :-)


« last ________ next »

1 Noises:

At Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:41:00 AM, Blogger Sphinx said...

Sorry your last comment didnt make it to my blog. I could ask you to repost, but i see you have it already here.

I am not surprised your highest is existentialism. Our scores on Utilitarianism were also fairly high. I'm surprised that you aren't more hedonistic. I'm not shocked at my own seemingly conflicted results because I already knew I was a paradox. lol

Our main divergences other than hedonistic intensity, are our scores in Kantianism and Divine Command. You tend to believe more strongly in laws and structure, whereas I have a leaning towards placing more significance in religion (I call it life philosophy.) I say, fuck the rules and put as much faith in the ones who have been on this path before you as you do in yourself.

PS...I have no doubt that Nietzsche's results would have been similar to my own, with the exception of scoring lower on Divine Command and higher on nihilism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home