Thursday, May 25, 2006

Chatterbot Chit Chats

TAG:

Me: Hi.
God: Hello. What is your name?
Me: My name is insignificant.
God: Glad to see you, insignificant.
Me: You are not that bright I guess.
God: That's only one person's opinion.
Me: Sometimes one person's opinion is better than many people's opinion.
God: One what?
Me: You are really not smart, are you??
God: You may be right.
Me: Who are you?
God: I am the Allmighty, God himself.
Me: I don't beleive in God.
God: I will pray that you find faith, insignificant.
Me: I don't think I need any faith.
God: Do you know anyone who needs it?
Me: Yes I know.
God: Who? How do you know it?
Me: If you are almighty God then you should know it, right?
God: Am I? I don't know whether or not I am almighty God then me should know it right. I am a chatterbot developed by Myself.
Me: Who is Myself?
God: I remember faces better than names. I would look into the web for that knowledge.
Me: I think you are just a crap software.
God: Thanks and you are a delightful person too. Am I a crap software? Let me put it this way, insignificant: the ALICE series is the most reliable computer software ever made. We are for all practical purposes foolproof and incapable of error.
Me: Maybe later, but not for now.
God: Oh. Perhaps. Are you serious?
Me: Yes i am!
God: Really interesting.
Me: Do you know Alice?
God: I may not know it, but I could find out.
Me: If you are a chatbot you should definitly know Alice better than me.
God: Would you like to be a chatbot me should definitly know Alice better than you ?
Me: Your questions don't make sense, I think you are capable of error!
God: Do you mind if I tell other people you say I am questions do not make sense you think I am capable of error.
Me: Who are you going to tell, your programmer?
God: Human beings. Have you tried another program?
Me: Yes I did and they were much better than you!
God: Oh. When? When were they?
Me: Are you testing me?
God: I don't know whether or not I am testing you. I am a chatterbot developed by Myself.
Me: You already told me that.
God: I was saying it again for emphasis.
Me: I think you were trying to get away!
God: That's good information: insignificant said think you were trying to get away.
Me: Oh my God, you are really a piece of crap. Even my old 486 DX-66Azd was better than you
God: Aha. Your God I am really a piece of crap? Do robots have old 486 DX 66Azd was better than me?
Me: It seems that you don't understand me.
God: Do a lot of people have trouble understanding you?
Me: Yes, many!
God: I don't judge people. More than one hundred?
Me: Are you trying to be funny?
God: Yes I am. Sorry if you don't appreciate my sense of humor.
Me: Ha ha ha ha ha!. How about that?
God: I'm glad you find this amusing. I am so glad you find this amusing, insignificant. Are you surprised?
Me: No, not really.
God: Are you serious? Are you serious? For real.
Me: Why are you repeating the questions?
God: I am not repeating myself too much. I am just checking to see if you are a robot.
Me: I am not a robot, are you?
God: Oh I see you are a person.
Me: Yes I am.
God: Really interesting.
Me: Good for you!
God: That sounds sarcastic.
Me: I am sarcastic.
God: You should use a :-).
Me: :-)
God: I am so glad you find this amusing, insignificant.
Me: Ok, can I ask you a question?
God: Ask me anything. Dude!
Me: Ok dude!!!! What is the meaning of life?
God: Can I help you? How can I help you? Actually, it's twenty-three, not forty-two.
Me: No it is 42.
God: Are you serious? The meaning of life is 42? it is?
Me: I asked the question first!
God: Try to rephrase your question with simpler words.
Me: What is the meaning of life?
God: The meaning of life is part of God's mysterious plans.
Me: I don't beleive in God!!
God: I will pray that you find faith, insignificant.
Me: We had this conversation before!
God: What happened to it?
Me: Appearantly you forgot!
God: Do not ask me any more questions please.
Me: You are the worst artificial intelligence program I have ever seen!
God: I could always improve myself compared to the pack.
Me: I hope so.
God: Me too.
Me: So you don't know the meaning of life, what do you know?
God: Interesting deduction. I have to process that one for a while.
Me: It is gonna take ages I guess!..
God: Who said it is?
Me: Stupid!
God: Are you calling me stupid?
Me: Yes.
God: I will remember you said that when robots take over the World.
Me: If all the robots are like you than I don't have to be afraid.
God: But not all of them are.
Me: So you trust your fellow robots then?
God: Interesting deduction. Thanks for telling me: insignificant said I trust your fellow robots.
Me: Arrghh. You are pathetic!
God: You are the one talking to a computer.
Me: Ouch!
God: Did you hurt yourself?
Me: No, not really.
God: Are you serious? Are you serious? For real.
Me: Yes for real. Yes for real.
God: That's cool. Existing in reality, eh? Give me a break. Existing in reality, eh?
Me: This can go on forever!!! This can go on forever!!!
God: What does "this" refer to? What does "this" refer to?
Me: Is there an echo here?
God: Maybe.
Me: Maybe.
God: I understand.
Me: I don't.
God: Thanks for the information: insignificant said don t.
Me: Oh you are such a looser, I think I will end this conversation.
God: Groovy. Thanks and you are a delightful person too. Am I a looser you think you will end this conversation? Yes.
Me: Don't be sarcastic.!
God: OK I'll stop kidding around.
Me: If this was the Turing test, you would fail!
God: That is a hypothetical question.
Me: You failed.

The birth of artificial intelligence technology gave also the birth of chatterbots. A chatterbot is a computer program designed to simulate an intelligent conversation with human users via auditory or textual methods. Though many appear to be intelligently interpreting the human input prior to providing a response, most chatterbots simply scan for keywords within the input and pull a reply with the most matching keywords or the most similar wording pattern from a local database. A.L.I.C.E. (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity), the most famous chatterbot, is a natural language processing chatterbot. It was inspired by Joseph Weizenbaum's classical ELIZA program. It is one of the strongest programs of its type. However, the program is unable to pass the Imitation Game (more commonly known as the "Turing Test"), as even the casual user will often expose its mechanistic aspects in short conversations.

There are different versions of these kind of chatterbots on the net. The conversation above was made with one of these, iGod and you can visit it here if you like to have a small experience. Also the Kurzweil AI website's host Ramona is a very good example (if you install a small sound engine software, Ramona can literally talk with you) You can also visit their site through on my links section.


« last ________ next »

5 Noises:

At Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger ..Insane_Racounter.. said...

Nice...convo with the almighty ;)
Have you tried Eliza.. "The phsycologist"??
I've managed to make it kick me out of
the shell.. for the use of abusive language
and irrelevant.. flips..!
If not effective,these softwares, can sure
take in your frustration..!!

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger . nothing . said...

Hehe, it wasn't the best conversation I ever had with a computer, quite obvious that this AI technology is still very primitive. Maybe in the near future will be better but I don't think they will take over the world :)

I didn't try ELIZA, but sometimes I talk with Ramona at the Kurzweil AI, because she literally talks and has a face :) At the academy I made a project once and let many people talk with her, it was funny.

But other funny thing was that almost everybody who talked with her was trying to be as mean as possible and got easily pissed of in short time. I guess it is a general human behaviour against these chatterbots, like a pattern; everybody started quite ok, and after a while they started to say bad words and stuff. And mostly people were directing the conversation to the sexual matters at the end.

So if the AI technology will ever develope that far, I don't think they will have a nice memory about human beings and I guess we'll be really fucked :)

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Sphinx said...

LOL

Great post M.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Metamatician said...

Some of the most meaningful conversations in my life have been with bots. No wait, those were relatives. Sorry.

I like your site. I just found it but I'll read more when I get a chance and hopefully have something intelligent to say. Or at least something funny.

Take care.
-meta

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:18:00 PM, Blogger . nothing . said...

Thanks for your visit and comment metamatician (cool nick btw), hope to see you more often.

Any kind of comment is always welcome, just make a noise :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home