Sunday, May 07, 2006

Winner

TAG:

I went upstairs to give the mail to old man. It was too hard for him to come 5 floors down. He was living just above my flat anyway.

He opened the door, let me in. He used to be a succesful publisher and had an avantgarde life style. He knew many famous writers, artists, poets. Never get married, was a real womanizer I guess.

Now 82 years old, half deaf, half blind lives on his own. I never saw any visitor come along except the nurse and the cleaning lady once a week..

"Would you like some tea?" he asked me while he raised his shaking hands to take the post. It looked like he had a kind of eczema.
"No, thanks" I said, "I promised to bring my kids to the park"
"Are you married?" he asked.
"Yes, for 10 years... I have two kids, a boy and a girl"

He looked at me with his half blind eyes:

"You are the winner" he said, "you are the winner".

Based on a -semi- true story


« last ________ next »

5 Noises:

At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:29:00 PM, Blogger Sphinx said...

Cool story...continue...

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Sphinx said...

and kinda reminiscent of something from "Requiem For A Dream"

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:35:00 AM, Blogger . nothing . said...

Really, was it the "winner" part?.. :)

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 5:10:00 AM, Blogger Ani L. Arambula said...

Ah... that could be fodder for many more posts, no? Left me wanting to know more...about his life...

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:32:00 AM, Blogger . nothing . said...

Hmm. Maybe I should write more about his life. Thanks for the idea Trinity. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home